Excavations at Crvena Stijena are under the auspices of the National Museum of Montenegro. Founded in 1926, the National Museum in fact consists of ten museums highlighting the history, art, culture, and peoples of Montenegro. The beginnings of the museum go back to 1838. As a national and complex institution, it developed and transformed until the present moment. The National Museum of Montenegro is a museum of a systematic and complex type consisting of several organizational units: the Historical Museum, which includes a permanent exhibition in the Government House, the Museum of King Nikola, the Museum of Peter II Petrovic Njegos, Njegoš 'birthplace, Njegoš' mausoleum in Lovćen mountain, the mausoleum of Bishop Danilo - Orlov Krš and Relief of Montenegro; Art Museum with the Gallery of Contemporary Art "Miodrag Dado Đurić" and Atelier DADO; Ethnographic Museum and the newly established Archaeological Museum with Lapidarium. Museums are located in buildings that are cultural and historical monuments of the greatest importance. The Government House building, built in 1910 in the neo-Renaissance style, is today the administrative seat of the National Museum, which houses the permanent exhibitions of the Historical and Art Museum. All units of the National Museum of Montenegro (except Njegoš's birthplace and the Mausoleum on Lovćen) are located in the historic center of Cetinje.